Frigate is a leader in rapid-rail loading systems comprising load-out stations and train movers. These systems are custom designed to meet the client’s specified requirements and ensure the highest standards of performance and reliability. Flask or flood loading systems are used to load particulate materials into moving trains.
The stations are custom designed to:
- Load high rates
- Handle a random arrangement of rail wagons of varying capacity and type
- Load with accuracies which meet most countries’ statutory requirements
- Allow for a variation in particle size and bulk density of loaded material
- Handle very different types of material through the same facility
- Be reliable, low-maintenance and safe and increase the availability of rolling stock.
As the first few wagons are loaded, the system assesses the effect of the loaded material’s density and flow characteristics; the latter are affected by grain size, moisture, temperature, etc. The system automatically accounts for the prevailing conditions and loads subsequent wagons and the whole train to great accuracy based on the wagons already loaded. Frigate load-out stations are equipped with user-friendly computer control, information and records systems. The accurate loading capability avoids penalties because:
- Individual wagons are not overloaded
- Axle-loading requirements are met
- Each wagon is loaded to the correct height.