In a Pipe Conveyor, at the loading and discharging points, the conveyor system is identical with open troughed conveyors. The difference starts after the loading point, where the belt transforms into a tubular shape by special idler arrangements over a certain distance and finally is led through idler panels with hexagonal cut outs and offset idler arrangement. At the discharging point, the belt opens automatically after the final idler panel and transfers the material to its next destination.
Due to its tubular shape, the conveyor is able to travel in horizontal and vertical curves as well as high inclinations. The enclosed transportation system not only protects the conveyed material against external influences such as climatic conditions, it also avoids material loss and spillage and thus, protects the environment.
The Tube Conveyor also meets special requirements such as simultaneous material transport in the upper and lower strand and downhill transport with power-regeneration.
- Tube diameters between 150 and 650 mm
- Centre distance up to 10 km
- Curve radius: 300 x diameter for fabric belts, 600 x diameter for steel wire belts
- Angles of inclination up to 30° depending on the material to be conveyed
- Protection of the conveyed material against external influences
- Protection of the environment against escaping material by dustfree transport
- Possibility of tight curve radii
- Realization of steep inclination
- Low space requirements
- No need for transfer towers
- Adaptation ability to topographic requirements
- Possibility of downhill transportation
- Simultaneous double load transport of different kinds of material in the upper and lower strand
- Low investment costs
- Low maintenance costs
- High operational safety